Featured Jones & Shipman machines will be the latest upgraded version of the Suprema 650 EASY M, the large capacity UltraMat CNC 1000 and the 624 EASY and TechMaster 844 surface and profile grinding machines.
Completing the line-up is a Kellenberger Kel-Vista 1000, the highly economical CNC universal grinding machine, with user-friendly, easy menu programming.
The Voumard VM 150 is an internal grinding machine combined with external grinding capabilities as well as a large variety of chuck and dressing options. Every machine bed is still hand-scraped, enabling sub-micron precision finishing. Workpieces can range up to 250 mm diameter by 1400 mm long (with steady rest), making it a versatile machine for grinding medium to large workpieces.
Other features include reduced changeover times with excellent accessibility to the machining area allowing quick tool changing and ease of programming via the Voumard graphical user interface.
- The J&S Suprema 1000M is a high precision NC-controlled cylindrical grinder that features several recent upgrades. The key upgrade is an uprated control system to a Fanuc Power Motion i-A that offers increased online storage for dressing and grind programmes with improved reaction times to further improve programming and set-up. These are accessed via a new colour touch screen used to access J&S’s own simple and fast-to-set Easy software, coupled with membrane-type touch keys and electronic handwheels. Also, increased wheel diameters on both the left- and right-hand external wheels offer longer wheel life; an optional increase to the wheel head power will also permit further improvements in productivity and reduced time cycles.
- The Jones & Shipman UltraMat 1000 CNC universal cylindrical grinder is equipped with a Fanuc Oi-TD touch screen CNC control with a Windows embedded system. This offers the operator all of the advantages of CNC control without the complexity of traditional CNC systems. Based on a robust one-piece Tee Bed design, UltraMat satisfies a need from manufacturers for a highly accurate production cylindrical grinding machine. A range of options enable the user to tailor the machine precisely to the project in hand, including external, angle head, universal, twin wheel and fully automatic ‘B’ axis, along with loading, gauging and probing.
- The J&S 624 EASY surface and profile grinder has also been extensively upgraded and now features a Fanuc Power Motion i-A control offering an extensive memory upgrade intended for dressing and grind programmes, with improved reaction times to further improve programming and set-up times. This self-teach grinder also uses J&S’s ‘Easy’ software, coupled with membrane-type touch keys and electronic hand wheels. The machine at MACH will feature a Lehmann indexer to create a valuable productivity improvement by adding quick and easy workpiece and tool clamping around a small footprint for optimal machine bed utilization.
- An ongoing need for high geometric accuracy with quick changeovers was a key factor in the design and development of the J&S TechMaster medium capacity range. The TechMaster 844 machine at MACH incorporates a full colour touchscreen used to access icon based software. Coupled with membrane touch keys and electronic hand wheels, either of these ‘Self-Teach’ surface grinders will enable inexperienced or experienced operators to be immediately more productive. An additional bonus comes from each model’s automatic dressing and grinding cycles that mean they can be set quickly, then left unmanned.
- Finally the Kellenberger KEL-VISTA 1000 will be featured. Positioned as an economical/universal CNC grinding machine, the KEL-VISTA can accommodate operations ranging from complex die and mould manufacture to small and medium batch production work. It is a cost effective CNC alternative to hydraulically controlled cylindrical grinders. A simple, user friendly menu based programming system widens its areas of application even to operators with limited programming capabilities. Other features include a compact design with small footprint, a thermally stable swivelling work head suited to chuck work and grinding between dead centres, and thermally optimised bearings to guarantee highest roundness and dimensional accuracy.