Mastercam X5 MU1 CADCAM software , from 4D Engineering, offers expanded machining flexibility and an increased emphasis on speed and automation. This maintenance update is available at no charge to all current Mastercam Maintenance customers.
Significant highlights and new functionality in Mastercam X5 MU1 CADCAM software are included in the mill, router, wire and CAD tools areas.
• Enhanced gouge checking and containment options for 3D high speed toolpaths
• Improved curve 5-axis and swarf 5-axis cutting, allowing overlap, and
• Faster mill tree-style dialogue performance.
• Drag and drop parts from one sheet to another during geometry or toolpath nesting, and
• Output block drilling parameters for easy use on setup sheets and with certain point-to-point routers.
• Enhanced 4-axis direct wirepath accommodates a new suite of geometry and outputs for even smoother motion
• Added options give you even more precision tab control, and
• Ability to window chain relief cuts in your material workpiece.
• Updated file translators for ACIS, CATIA, SolidWorks, Solid Edge, Unigraphics, and Rhino
• Easier surface curve selection and solid layout functions, and
• New option to import STL files as lines or STL mesh.
With the release of Mastercam X5 MU1, Mastercam is also introducing Port Expert, a new purchasable add-on designed for the head porting industry. This powerful tool can be added on to Mastercam Mill Level 3 or Router Pro. Selling points are intelligent, specialised programming that machines as far as possible into the port with 3-axis toolpaths before switching smoothly to 5-axis motion; advanced gouge checking to help ensure highquality cuts and flexible machining definition and constraints, allowing automatic or manual choices.