Mastercam’s new Feature Based Machining (FBM) as well as the Mastercam in SolidWorks add-in will be showcased at Eastec 2008 in the USA in May.
FMB automates the machining process and allows for big reductions in programming time. It automatically evaluates a part and programs pockets, contours, bosses and drilling routines with minimal user input. Mastercam’s FBM will be part of the Mastercam X3 release later this year.
Mastercam in SolidWorks is fully integrated CAM that runs seamlessly in SolidWorks, so users can now program their parts for machining directly using Mastercam’s toolpaths and machining strategies. Mastercam in SolidWorks will be available after the release of Mastercam X3.
Mastercam X2 features include:
- multi-axis enhancements to advanced multi-axis toolpaths
- peel milling toolpath to’peels’ away material, layer by layer
- Operations Manager pane floats to a different area of the graphics window or to a separate screen when working with dual monitors
- the Create Boundary function greatly expands Mastercam’s toolpath boundary creation, restricting the toolpaths to highly specific areas
- common edge optimisation in nesting.