System 3R supplies a broad range of workholding and tool holding equipment, including the Delphin BIG reference system, the Twist lock direct clamping chuck, System 3R automation, the WEDM B-axis indexer and the Macro reference system.
• The Delphin BIG reference system, that can handle work pieces up to 10 tonnes. It is a machine independent modular clamping system, which has been utilised by West Pharmaceutical Services, a manufacturer of components and systems for injectable drug delivery. Using the system achieved a 75-80 per cent reduction in set-up times and an estimated 15-20 per cent increase in productivity, compared to their existing machines.
• The Twist Lock direct clamping chuck for small work pieces, which is particularly suited for watchmaking, microengineering and medical applications.
• System 3R Automation which improves productivity from existing machines, with lights-out production and minimal downtime, using robots.
• The WEDM B-axis indexer, a CNC-controlled unit, that adds greater flexibility to the operation of wire and sink erosion EDM machines.
• The Macro reference system which has been used by Numatic International, manufacturers of the Henry vacuum cleaner, to standardise chucks and electrode holders, giving them a 90 per cent saving in set-up time.
System 3R will be exhibiting at MACH 2010.
Author: Michael Richards