The main updates are in Javelin’s core business control competencies.
In addition to existing warnings and error messages about non-compliance within operations, the latest release includes a Part Status, which allows the user to create their own warnings.
Javelin account manager Andy Mills explains that they can be specific to clients: “Examples would be where a part is pending, or a review is coming up. The operator can add a pre-warning, which flashes up on screens such as Sales Orders, Purchase Orders and Works Orders.”
A major reworking of Stock Check separates recording the physical and financial changes into two phases, meaning errors are verified and corrected quicker and easier.
A Price Book button has also been added to the Part Enquiry so that the price can be amended quickly and easily.
Additional Improvements include:
- A general enhancement throughout Javelin 2018 R2 puts icons on to many key screens, defined by Item Type, Product Group, Responsibility Code, or Part Status
- The Advanced Scheduler was originally introduced three years ago, running in time sequence down to ten millionths of a second, with the results appearing on the Planning board. The latest version includes an Undo button for the last action
- Contract costing runs are now managed from the Command line
- A number of enhancements to CRM
- The Add Prospect is now auto populated when the first item is added to the Opportunity and the delivery date/time display has switched to just the date, for easier reporting
- Works Order and Purchase Order reporting on MRP has been made easier, along with the ability for MAP data to be expanded
- Responsibility Code and Planner ranges have been added to the suggested WO reports, with Responsibility Code and Buyer ranges to the WO report
- It is now possible to add 9,999 lines to the PO
- The Supplier Default Ancillary Charge can now be defined against a Supplier, automatically added to all new Purchase Orders
- Sales Order Copy now allows a New Due Date or Promise Date to apply to all lines at once
- The SO Enquiry screen is larger in Javelin 2018 R2
- On Work In Progress, the Split Works Order has been streamlined
- Non-productive booking, such as lunch breaks, is now defined within shift patterns, so supervisors can see them across the shift, instead of needing to access each operative’s record
- A number of system changes include additional security measures giving management more control over access to the Javelin database for Crystal Reports and employee absence data is further restricted, which will assist with GDPR compliance