The metal sawing and storage equipment manufacturer says advantages of the system, called KASTOecostore, are its low space requirement, high storage density, short material access times and value for money.
The store accommodates material up to 1,500 mm deep by either three or four metres wide. Both types are available with a load capacity per station of either 1.2 or three tonnes.
Other specifications include:
- Specified system height from 3.1 metres to 8.0 metres – the same applies to the level at which loading and unloading takes place (heights up to 950 mm).
- The ability to hold euro-pallets and stillages.
- It can be used as a buffer store between production areas in factories.
- The lifting gear drive is equipped with leading-edge frequency converters from Siemens and the motor is stationary to allow precise, dynamic loading and unloading.
- Robust roller chains ensure long service life and low maintenance.
- The steel frame consists of standardised rolled sections and can be dimensioned in accordance with the relevant standards for earthquake resistance.
- Comes as standard with the manufacturer’s own SmartControl.
- Loads can be on pallets or special cassettes, which are stored and retrieved automatically and brought to an ergonomic height for ease of handling.
- Additional lifting equipment not necessary.
KASTO also offers an extensive range of accessories for adapting the store to special requirements.