WEAF are aiming for more nominations and more recognition for South West businesses following the success of last year’s awards.
The awards are free to enter and are open to everyone working in the industry. The six award categories are:
1. Best Engineer Award – for all engineers in the industry;
2. Lifetime Achievement Award - new for 2018, for a venerable contributor to the industry, perhaps still in work or retired;
3. Best Young Aerospace Entrant – for the best apprentice or newly graduated;
4. Best Small Company Contribution – new for 2018, celebrating the impact on the sector of a small or medium seized company, or one of its employees;
5. ‘Going the Extra Mile Award’ – for excellent customer service;
6. Aerospace Media Award – for the best short film celebrating the industry.
The winners will be selected by an independent panel of experts from across the region’s aerospace and defence industry, with the awards evening held under the wings of Concorde at Aerospace Bristol on 27 June 2018.
Says WEAF chief Simon Young: “Last year the awards demonstrated that the South West has the people and companies to remain at the forefront of the aerospace and defence industries, not just in the UK but globally. I’d encourage anyone involved in the sector to apply – let’s not hide our talents under a bushel.”